Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1016.6 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
Indian Orchard MA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 47. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 3am, then sleet likely, possibly mixed with snow. Patchy fog. Low around 28. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampden, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE