Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1020.9 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Elmira / Corning Regional Airport (KELM)
Lat: 42.18 Lon: -76.9 Elev: 955ft.
Watkins Glen NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow and sleet, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 3am. Low around 27. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Snow before 1am, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Schuyler County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE