Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.01 in (1015.6 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 58. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Showers before midnight, then rain likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Low around 38. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 42. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 57. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Showers. High near 52. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE