Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1035.8 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Posey Field Airport (K1M4)
Lat: 34.28 Lon: -87.6 Elev: 930ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 43. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 42. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a slight chance of rain after noon. High near 53. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE