Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.86 in (1012.3 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Bedford, Hanscom Field (KBED)
Lat: 42.47 Lon: -71.29 Elev: 133ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 41 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 11pm, then snow and sleet between 11pm and 4am, then snow likely after 4am. Low around 29. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 21. West wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Middlesex County, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE