Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 946 AM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Cape Cod Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
...STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL SLIDE N OF THE WATERS THIS AFTERNOON. LOW PRES
WILL INTENSIFY S OF NEW ENGLAND EARLY SAT...TRACKING JUST E OF
GEORGES BANK SUNDAY MORNING. HIGH PRES WILL PUSH E TOWARD THE
WATERS LATE SUNDAY AND MON. HIGH PRES MOVES E OF THE WATERS WITH A
RETURN TO A SW FLOW.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight NE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain.
- Sat NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...increasing to 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Patchy fog. Rain. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Sat Night N winds around 25 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sun N winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft. A chance of rain.
- Sun Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Mon Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue SW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Cod Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE