Last Update: 1033 AM EDT SAT APR 19 2014
Cape Cod Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisASIDE FROM A WEAK COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE BY EARLY THIS AFTERNOON...
HIGH PRESSURE WILL DOMINATE THE WATERS THROUGH MONDAY. THIS HIGH
WILL MOVE OFF THE COAST TUE...AS A LOW PRES AND ITS ASSOCIATED
COLD FRONT APPROACH FROM THE WEST. THIS COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
HAZARDOUS OUTLOOKS LINK AT THE TOP OF THE BLUE BAR ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon W winds around 10 kt...becoming NW with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight N winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the morning. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Mon S winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Mon Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the evening. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Tue S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tue Night S winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Rain likely.
- Wed NW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain.
- Wed Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Cod Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE