Last Update: 117 PM EDT TUE JUL 22 2014
Cape Cod Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisA SOUTHWEST FLOW WILL BECOME ESTABLISHED THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SLOWLY OFFSHORE ON THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE
WILL BUILD OVER THE REGION DURING THE WEEKEND.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon S winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Patchy fog.
- Wed SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely with a chance of tstms. Some tstms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming N 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. Patchy fog. Showers likely with a chance of tstms. Some tstms may produce heavy rainfall. Vsby 1 nm or less.
- Thu Night N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
- Fri NW winds around 5 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Fri Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Sat SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Cod Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE