Last Update: 341 AM EDT WED SEP 17 2014
Cape Cod Bay
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRES BUILDS OVER THE WATERS THRU THU. ANOTHER COLD FRONT
PASSES THROUGH THU NIGHT AND EARLY FRI FROM N TO S FOLLOWED BY
STRONG CANADIAN HIGH PRES INTO NEXT WEEKEND.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today N winds around 5 kt...becoming E this afternoon. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Tonight SW winds around 5 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu NW winds around 5 kt...becoming N around 5 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu Night N winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the morning. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sat S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds around 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sun S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sun Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Cod Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE