Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.89 in (1012.0 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill53°F (12°C)
Current conditions at
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
Lat: 41.73 Lon: -72.65 Elev: 20ft.
3 Miles NW Manchester CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 42 by 5pm. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 3am, then sleet likely, possibly mixed with snow. Low around 32. North wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 5am, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hartford County, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE