Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1026.0 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
4 Miles NW Linglestown PA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 13. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow. High near 30. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 28. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE