Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
2 Miles SSW Steelton PA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Light west wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow before noon, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 33. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for York County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE