Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Read More... Humidity88% Wind SpeedNW 3 mph Barometer30.14 in (1021.2 mb) Dewpoint27°F (-3°C) Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Des Moines, Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.67°W Elev: 955ft.
3 Miles ESE Des Moines International Airport IA 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast Today Sunny, with a high near 46. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 31. Southeast wind 7 to 13 mph. Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a southeast wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Windy, with a south southwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 19 to 24 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Windy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Blustery. Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Blustery. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21.