Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer29.70 in (1005.6 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
2 Miles NNW Norwalk IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. North northwest wind around 6 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Tuesday Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Windy, with a north northeast wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm, then gradually ending. Low around 23. Windy, with a north northwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Scattered flurries before 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE