Variety of Weather Hazards Forecast Across Central, Eastern U.S.
An active weather pattern will dominate the central and eastern U.S. Friday and into the weekend. Rain is forecast on Friday from the southern Plains across the mid-Miss. & Ohio Valleys and into southern New England, with freezing rain for parts of the central Plains and snow in the Rockies and Great Lakes. Severe thunderstorms are possible for parts of the southern Plains and lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer29.86 in (1012.0 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54 Lon: -93.65 Elev: 957ft.
2 Miles NNW Norwalk IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of freezing drizzle before noon, then a slight chance of snow between noon and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. North wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. North northeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 9pm. Low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 5. Windy, with a north wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow before noon, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 20. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Blustery.
- Monday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE