Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1021.9 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Ames Municipal Airport (KAMW)
Lat: 41.99°N Lon: 93.62°W Elev: 955ft.
4 Miles SSE McCallsburg IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Wind chill values as low as 10 early. Windy, with a south southwest wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Tuesday A chance of rain before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 39. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 10pm, then a chance of rain between 10pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Story County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE