Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1031.0 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Gateway Airport (KSUX)
Lat: 42.41 Lon: -96.38 Elev: 1102ft.
2 Miles ESE Sioux City IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 13. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Light south southwest wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Light and variable wind becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 8. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Woodbury County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE