Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 10 mph
- Barometer30.07 in
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Pipestone Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting (KPQN)
Lat: 43.99 Lon: -96.32 Elev: 1736ft.
3 Miles NW Pipestone MN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 12. South wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -26. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2. Wind chill values as low as -28. West northwest wind around 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Scattered flurries between 9pm and midnight. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 6 by 1am. Wind chill values as low as -19. South southwest wind around 15 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 15. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -10. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pipestone County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE