Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 323 AM EST MON NOV 24 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Fear NC to Little River Inlet SC out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT OR ON TUESDAY AND
WILL STALL JUST OFFSHORE. LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ALONG THIS FRONT
THEN MOVE NE...PASSING BY THE CAROLINA COAST EARLY ON WEDNESDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL RETURN FOR THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Today S winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming SW 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt late this morning and afternoon. Seas 6 to 8 ft...subsiding to 5 to 8 ft this afternoon. A chance of showers early this morning...then scattered showers with isolated tstms this afternoon.
- Tonight SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. A chance of showers.
- Tue NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Showers.
- Tue Night N winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Showers.
- Wed N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Rain.
- Wed Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 2 to 4 ft after midnight.
- Thu NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Fri N winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Fear NC to Little River Inlet SC out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE