Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.27 in (1025.0 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wilmington, New Hanover International Airport (KILM)
Lat: 34.28 Lon: -77.92 Elev: 46ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 49. North wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 24. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 54. Calm wind.
- Friday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 42. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 64. East wind 5 to 14 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Inland New Hanover, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE