Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.30 in (1028.9 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington / Normal (KBMI)
Lat: 40.48 Lon: -88.93 Elev: 892ft.
3 Miles SSE Carlock IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. South wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a temperature rising to near 19 by 10am, then falling to around 10 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. Southwest wind 9 to 16 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. South southwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McLean County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE