Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill37°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
- Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 4pm. High near 36. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 33. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 9 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE