Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
- Barometer30.52 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Carroll County Regional Airport/Jack B Poage Field (KDMW)
Lat: 39.36 Lon: -77 Elev: 789ft.
2 Miles WNW Westminster MD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 4pm, then snow and sleet. High near 30. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet, becoming all freezing rain after 1am. Low around 29. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 38. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carroll County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE