Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Drizzle Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer29.91 in (1012.8 mb)
- Dewpoint62°F (17°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
Current conditions at
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (KBWI)
Lat: 39.19 Lon: -76.67 Elev: 148ft.
Fort Meade MD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 9am. Temperature falling to around 44 by 5pm. North wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, mainly before 4am. Patchy fog before 4am. Low around 37. North wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then rain or freezing rain between 8pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Anne Arundel County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE