Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 931 AM EST THU JAN 29 2015
Chesapeake Bay from North Beach to Drum Point MD
Marine Zone Forecast
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW. WAVES FLAT WHERE WATERS ARE ICED OVER.
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE WATERS TODAY...WITH A COLD FRONT WILL
MOVING THROUGH THE WATERS TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS FRIDAY AND
REMAINS THROUGH THE FIRST PART OF SUNDAY WITH THE NEXT LOW PRESSURE
IMPACTING THE WATERS TO START NEXT WEEK. THE GALE WARNING MAY NEED
TO BE EXTENDED THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...WITH SMALL CRAFT CONDITIONS
LIKELY ON SATURDAY AND POSSIBLY AGAIN SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY.
- Rest Of Today SE winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts to 20 kt...becoming S 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt late. Waves 1 ft...building to 4 ft this afternoon. A chance of rain and sleet this afternoon.
- Tonight S winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW late. Gusts up to 20 kt. Waves 3 ft.
- Fri NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Waves 5 ft.
- Fri Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 35 kt. Waves 4 ft.
- Sat NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt in the morning. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft.
- Sun E winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 ft...building to 3 ft after midnight. Rain likely in the evening. Snow likely through the night.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. Snow and rain showers likely through the day...then a chance of snow showers in the evening.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Chesapeake Bay from North Beach to Drum Point MD
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE