Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.36 in (1028.5 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
4 Miles W Mascot TN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 25. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 38. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Knox County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE