Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of rain before 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44. Light north wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 36. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE