Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1030.7 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport (KCSV)
Lat: 35.96 Lon: -85.08 Elev: 1867ft.
3 Miles NNW Cookeville TN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 36. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Light south wind becoming south southeast 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 49. South wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light north northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Calm wind.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Putnam County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE