Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 621 PM EST SUN DEC 21 2014
Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHEAST THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT AS LOW
PRESSURE APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH. THE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE
WEAKENS WHILE MOVING NORTH TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. A MORE
SIGNIFICANT STORM SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH
EARLY CHRISTMAS DAY WITH A COLD FRONT PASSING THROUGH LATE
WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
LATE THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Tonight N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A slight chance of light rain early this evening...then a slight chance of flurries late this evening.
- Mon E winds around 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of rain in the afternoon.
- Mon Night E winds around 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain.
- Tue E winds around 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft...building to 4 to 6 ft in the afternoon. A chance of rain.
- Tue Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Rain likely.
- Wed SE winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming S 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 7 ft...building to 6 to 9 ft in the afternoon. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed Night S winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 8 to 11 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 7 to 10 ft...subsiding to 4 to 7 ft after midnight. A chance of rain in the morning.
- Fri W winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon...then becoming SW 5 to 10 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 2 to 4 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE