Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 538 AM EST TUE JAN 27 2015
Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...
- SynopsisINTENSE LOW PRES SE OF LONG ISLAND WILL PASS E OF CAPE COD
TODAY...AND HEAD TOWARD NOVA SCOTIA TONIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD
BACK IN ON WED...THEN A WEAKER LOW WILL AFFECT THE REGION THU
NIGHT INTO FRI. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN BEHIND THE LOW
- Today NW winds 25 to 35 kt. Gusts up to 55 kt...decreasing to 45 kt this afternoon. Seas 9 to 14 ft...subsiding to 7 to 10 ft. Snow. Vsby 1 nm or less...increasing to 1 to 3 nm this afternoon.
- Tonight NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. Light snow likely this evening.
- Wed NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Wed Night N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu N winds around 5 kt...becoming E late in the morning...then becoming S early in the afternoon and increasing to around 10 kt late. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu Night S winds around 10 kt early...becoming SW with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft...building to 4 to 6 ft. Light snow likely.
- Fri NW winds 25 to 30 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Scattered flurries in the daytime. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sat NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE