Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1022.7 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport (KLAW)
Lat: 34.57 Lon: -98.42 Elev: 1109ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow and sleet. High near 25. North northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet likely before 9pm, then snow and sleet likely between 9pm and midnight, then snow after midnight. Low around 18. North wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -6. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. East northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 7.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Comanche County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE