Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.61 in (1037.2 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Wichita Falls, Sheppard Air Force Base (KSPS)
Lat: 33.98 Lon: -98.48 Elev: 1027ft.
2 Miles WSW Wichita Falls, Sheppard Air Force Base TX
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 20. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wichita County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE