Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 412 PM EST MON JAN 26 2015
Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM EAST OF THE VIRGINIA
CAPES WILL MOVE NORTHEAST AND PASS NEAR CAPE COD MASSACHUSETTS
DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY ON TUESDAY BEFORE WEAKENING AS IT MOVES
TOWARD THE CANADIAN MARITIMES ON WEDNESDAY. A HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM
FROM THE WEST IS EXPECTED TO ARRIVE OVER THE REGION ON WEDNESDAY
NIGHT. A CLIPPER TYPE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO FOLLOW WITH
ITS COLD FRONT MOVING THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY. ANOTHER HIGH PRESSURE
SYSTEM IS THEN ANTICIPATED FOR SATURDAY. ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM
SHOULD MOVE THROUGH THE EASTERN UNITED STATES LATE SUNDAY OR EARLY
- Tonight N winds 30 to 40 kt with gusts up to 50 kt. Seas 9 to 14 ft dominant period 10 seconds. Snow and rain early this evening...then snow late this evening and overnight. Vsby 1 nm or less early this evening.
- Tue NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 9 to 13 ft...subsiding to 8 to 11 ft in the late morning and afternoon. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 12 seconds. snow until late afternoon...then snow likely late.
- Tue Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 6 to 9 ft...subsiding to 5 to 7 ft in the late evening and overnight. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 11 seconds. a chance of snow early in the evening. Light freezing spray.
- Wed NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Mainly in NE swell with a dominant period of 8 seconds. light freezing spray.
- Wed Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Light freezing spray.
- Thu NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW with gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of rain in the afternoon.
- Thu Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain likely. Snow likely after midnight.
- Fri W winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming NW 20 to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. A chance of rain and snow in the morning. Light freezing spray through the night.
- Sat NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft. Light freezing spray.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE