Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 941 AM EST MON DEC 22 2014
Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisWEAK LOW PRESSURE IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA
COAST TODAY. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE NORTHWARD AND THEN
DISSIPATE OFF THE NEW JERSEY COAST ON TUESDAY. ANOTHER AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE IS ANTICIPATED TO DEVELOP OVER THE NORTHWESTERN GULF OF
MEXICO TUESDAY AND STRENGTHEN AS IT LIFTS NORTHWARD AND ACROSS THE
EASTERN GREAT LAKES WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO PULL A
WARM FRONT THROUGH OUR REGION WEDNESDAY, FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONT
EARLY THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO OUR AREA FOR THURSDAY AND
- Rest Of Today NE winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E. Seas around 2 ft. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 8 seconds. A chance of rain early this afternoon. Rain likely late.
- Tonight E winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds. Rain likely.
- Tue E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming S in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Mainly in SE swell with a dominant period of 6 seconds. Rain likely until late afternoon...then a chance of rain late.
- Tue Night S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. Mainly in SE swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds. Rain likely.
- Wed S winds 15 to 20 kt...increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 7 ft...building to 6 to 9 ft in the afternoon. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed Night SW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu W winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft...subsiding to 4 to 6 ft after midnight. A chance of showers in the morning.
- Fri SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE