Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 347 PM EST SUN FEB 1 2015
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
...FREEZING SPRAY ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE MONDAY NIGHT...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT AND CROSS OUR
AREA ON MONDAY BEFORE RACING OFF TO THE NORTHEAST MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS TO THE SOUTH OF OUR AREA TUESDAY THROUGH
WEDNESDAY. A CLIPPER SYSTEM WILL MOVE ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES REGION
ON WEDNESDAY, DRAGGING A COLD FRONT ACROSS OUR AREA ON THURSDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN RETURN FOR FRIDAY. ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM
WILL CROSS THE REGION OVER THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft...building to 4 to 6 ft after midnight. ..becoming mainly in S with a dominant period of 4 seconds after midnight. A chance of rain early this evening... Then rain likely late this evening. Rain after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm... Decreasing to 1 nm or less after midnight.
- Mon SW winds around 20 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Mainly in SE swell with a dominant period of 8 seconds. rain in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. A chance of snow late. Vsby 1 nm or less early in the morning.
- Mon Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt late. Gusts up to 45 kt...decreasing to 35 kt late. Seas 5 to 8 ft...subsiding to 4 to 6 ft late. Mainly in NW swell with a dominant period of 6 seconds. a chance of light freezing spray in the evening. Freezing spray likely after midnight.
- Tue NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt late in the morning...then diminishing to 10 to 15 kt early in the afternoon...becoming W 5 to 10 kt late. Seas 3 to 5 ft...subsiding to 2 to 3 ft late. Mainly in NW swell with a dominant period of 6 seconds. light freezing spray likely.
- Tue Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming W 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Thu NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming N 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of light freezing spray after midnight.
- Fri N winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming NW 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft...subsiding to 2 to 4 ft. Light freezing spray likely.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE