Last Update: 342 PM EST SAT DEC 20 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL SLOWLY BUILD SOUTHWESTWARD INTO THE REGION
FROM ATLANTIC CANADA THROUGH MONDAY. LOW PRESSURE WILL ORGANIZE
OFF THE CAROLINAS MONDAY NIGHT AND MOVE NORTHEASTWARD OFFSHORE ON
TUESDAY. MEANWHILE...ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP
OVER THE OHIO VALLEY AND MOVE NORTHWARD INTO QUEBEC...LEADING TO A
STRONG COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE ON THURSDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
BUILD IN ON FRIDAY AND A WEAKER COLD FRONT MAY APPROACH THE REGION
- Tonight N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft early this evening...then 1 to 2 ft.
- Sun N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sun Night NE winds around 5 kt...increasing to 5 to 10 kt late. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Mon E winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 9 seconds. a chance of rain.
- Mon Night E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain likely.
- Tue E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of rain.
- Tue Night SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain likely.
- Wed SE winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon and evening...then becoming SW after midnight. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Rain through the day...then a chance of showers through the night.
- Thu W winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft after midnight.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE