Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 401 PM EDT TUE OCT 21 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
- SynopsisBROAD LOW PRESSURE LOCATED OVER THE CHESAPEAKE BAY REGION THIS
AFTERNOON WILL DRIFT OFF THE COAST TONIGHT. THE LOW IS FORECAST TO
MOVE SLOWLY NORTH AND NORTHEASTWARD REACHING THE WATERS OFF CAPE COD
ON THURSDAY NIGHT AND ARRIVING IN NOVA SCOTIA ON FRIDAY NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE IS ANTICIPATED TO BUILD INTO OUR REGION FROM THE SOUTHWEST
FOR FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY. A COLD FRONT APPROACHING FROM NORTHWEST IS
EXPECTED ON SATURDAY NIGHT WITH ANOTHER AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE
FOLLOWING FOR SUNDAY AND FOR THE EARLY PART OF THE NEW WEEK.
- Tonight W winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming NE after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Mainly in SE swell with a dominant period of 9 seconds. scattered showers with isolated tstms this evening... Then rain likely after midnight.
- Wed N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...increasing to 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Mainly in NE swell with a dominant period of 10 seconds. rain.
- Wed Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Mainly in NE swell with a dominant period of 6 seconds. rain likely early in the evening...then a chance of rain in the late evening and overnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the evening.
- Thu NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Mainly in NW swell with a dominant period of 6 seconds. a chance of showers in the morning.
- Thu Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Fri NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Fri Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sat NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sun NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE