Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 740 PM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA SERIES OF LOW PRESSURE AREAS WILL ORGANIZE OFF THE MID ATLANTIC
COAST OVERNIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...AND FINALLY MOVE
NORTHEAST INTO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES SUNDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
WILL MOVE IN FROM THE WEST ON SUNDAY AND CREST OVER THE REGION ON
MONDAY. A WARM FRONT WILL CROSS THE REGION ON TUESDAY FOLLOWED BY
A COLD FRONT ON THURSDAY.
- Overnight N winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Mainly in SE swell with a dominant period of 10 seconds. a slight chance of rain late this evening. Rain likely. Vsby 1 to 3 nm late this evening and overnight.
- Sat NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...increasing to 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt in the late morning and afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 ft...building to 8 to 11 ft. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 9 seconds. rain. Vsby 1 nm or less...increasing to 1 to 3 nm in the afternoon.
- Sat Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt...increasing to 30 to 35 kt late. Seas 9 to 12 ft dominant period 9 seconds...subsiding to 7 to 10 ft dominant period 9 seconds late. Rain likely early in the evening...then a chance of showers in the late evening and overnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sun NW winds 30 to 35 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft dominant period 11 seconds...subsiding to 5 to 8 ft dominant period 11 seconds late.
- Sun Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft.
- Mon NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Mon Night W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt... Diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed SW winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE