Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1227 PM EST MON MAR 2 2015
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER OUR AREA TONIGHT, THEN SHIFT OFF THE
MID ATLANTIC COAST ON TUESDAY. A WARM FRONT IS EXPECTED TO LIFT
THROUGH OUR AREA ON TUESDAY EVENING. A COLD FRONT IS ANTICIPATED TO
ARRIVE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON, THEN THE FRONT SHOULD SINK SLOWLY TO THE
SOUTHEAST WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY AS LOW PRESSURE RIDES ALONG
IT. ANOTHER ARCTIC HIGH IS FORECAST TO BUILD ACROSS OUR REGION FOR
FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY.
- This Afternoon NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft...building to 3 to 5 ft. Mainly in N swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds.
- Tonight NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming N 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft...subsiding to 2 to 3 ft after midnight. Light freezing spray after midnight.
- Tue NE winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming S in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of snow early in the afternoon. Sleet...snow and rain likely late. Vsby 1 to 3 nm late.
- Tue Night S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Rain and sleet early in the evening...then rain in the late evening and overnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Wed SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming NW 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the morning.
- Wed Night N winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain likely in the evening...then rain and snow likely after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Snow likely in the morning...then snow showers likely in the afternoon. Light freezing spray through the night.
- Fri N winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon...then becoming W. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Light freezing spray through the day.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE