Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.4 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (KRDU)
Lat: 35.88 Lon: -78.78 Elev: 416ft.
2 Miles WSW Raleigh NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Light and variable wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 53. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wake County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE