Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 0 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 34.194167 Lon: -116.913056 Elev: 5618ft.
5 Miles SSE Big Bear Lake CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 10pm. Areas of fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Snow showers. Areas of fog. High near 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 32. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for San Bernardino County Mountains, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE