Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Heavy Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1019.9 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
El Dorado, So. Arkansas Regional at Goodwin Field (KELD)
Lat: 33.23 Lon: -92.8 Elev: 252ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain before noon, then rain or freezing rain. High near 33. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Wind chill values as low as 10. North wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday A chance of freezing rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as 9. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Freezing rain likely before noon, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Columbia County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE