Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer29.83 in (1010.8 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Rapid City Regional Airport (KRAP)
Lat: 44.05°N Lon: 103.07°W Elev: 3160ft.
Rapid City SD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of rain after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Rain before midnight, then rain and snow between midnight and 3am, then snow after 3am. Low around 29. East wind 7 to 16 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday Snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a north wind 18 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rapid City, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE