Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
9NM ESE Waimanalo Beach HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisTROPICAL STORM ANA IS LOCATED ABOUT 420 NM WEST OF LIHUE AT 800 PM
HST...AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 8 KT. A SURFACE HIGH
FAR NORTHEAST OF THE STATE WILL SHIFT SOUTHEAST AND WEAKEN THIS
WEEK. A NEW HIGH WILL BUILD FAR NORTHEAST OF THE STATE THIS
- Overnight E wind 6 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...SSW 1 ft at 12 seconds and N 5 ft at 11 seconds. Waves 4 to 6 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind 6 to 11 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...SSW 1 ft at 12 seconds and N 3 to 4 ft at 10 seconds. Waves around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind 9 to 11 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before midnight. Mixed swell...S 1 ft at 11 seconds and N 3 ft at 10 seconds. Waves around 4 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind 12 to 15 kt. Scattered showers before noon. Mixed swell...S 1 ft and NNW 3 ft. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind 13 to 16 kt. Isolated showers. Mixed swell...S 1 ft and NNW 4 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Friday E wind around 16 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. Mixed swell...SW 1 ft and NNW 3 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 14 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...SW 1 ft and N 2 ft. Waves around 5 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 13 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...SW 1 ft and N 3 ft. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind around 12 kt. Isolated showers. Mixed swell...SW 1 ft and N 3 ft. Waves around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE