Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
8NM ESE Waimanalo Beach HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA FRONT WILL PASS OVER THE ISLANDS TODAY AND TONIGHT. A WEAK
RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD OVER THE AREA DURING THE
WEEKEND. WINDS WILL TURN SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST EARLY NEXT WEEK IN
RESPONSE TO AN APPROACHING FRONT FROM THE WEST.
- This Afternoon N wind 7 to 9 kt. Sunny. NW swell 5 ft at 12 seconds. Waves around 5 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind around 11 kt. Isolated showers. NW swell 6 ft at 12 seconds. Waves 6 to 7 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 11 to 13 kt. Isolated showers. NW swell 6 ft at 14 seconds. Waves around 7 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 11 to 14 kt. Isolated showers. NNW swell 6 to 7 ft. Waves 7 to 8 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 11 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before noon. NNW swell 8 ft. Waves 8 to 9 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind around 11 kt. Scattered showers. Widespread haze. NNW swell 6 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Monday E wind 11 to 14 kt becoming S in the morning. Scattered showers. Widespread haze before noon. NNW swell 6 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind around 17 kt. Showers likely. N swell 6 ft. Waves around 7 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 17 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Showers likely. N swell 7 ft. Waves 7 to 8 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE