Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
8NM NE Waimanalo Beach HI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE ABOUT 300 NM NORTH OF KAUAI WILL MOVE SLOWLY
SOUTHEAST THROUGH THURSDAY AS A WEAK FRONT APPROACHES THE ISLANDS
FROM THE NORTHWEST. THE WEAK FRONT WILL BE OVER THE ISLANDS
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY BEFORE DISSIPATING SATURDAY. A HIGH WILL BUILD
NORTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS SATURDAY...AND PASS NORTH OF THE ISLANDS
- Today E wind around 7 kt. Isolated showers before 10am. NW swell 5 ft at 16 seconds. Waves around 5 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. NW swell 5 ft at 15 seconds. Waves around 5 ft.
- Thursday S wind 7 to 11 kt. Isolated showers. Widespread haze after noon. NW swell 4 ft at 14 seconds. Waves 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. NW swell 3 ft. Waves around 3 ft.
- Friday WSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming N in the morning. A chance of showers. NW swell 5 to 6 ft. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers. NW swell 6 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before noon. NW swell 6 ft. Waves around 6 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 12 kt. A chance of showers. NNW swell 6 to 7 ft. Waves 7 to 8 ft.
- Sunday E wind 10 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers. NNW swell 5 ft. Waves 5 to 6 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE