Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ENE Cape Romano FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisLIGHT TO MODERATE EAST AND SOUTHEAST WINDS WILL
PREVAIL INTO THURSDAY...AS HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS CENTERED EAST OF
THE WATERS. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FRIDAY AND WEAKEN OVER THE
AREA THIS WEEKEND. THERE IS A CHANCE FOR SHOWERS AND INCREASING
SEAS AT THE END OF THE WEEK.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
MAR 02, 2015 AT 1200 UTC...
5 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
14 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
9 NAUTICAL MILES NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- This Afternoon ESE wind 9 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Tonight ESE wind 8 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Wednesday SSE wind 8 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Wednesday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Thursday ESE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Isolated showers. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Friday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Saturday ENE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE