Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ENE Cape Romano FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH SOUTH FLORIDA THIS
EVENING FOLLWED BY HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING INTO THE SOUTHEASTERN
UNITED STATES THIS WEEKEND. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR WEST WIND FLOW
TODAY BEFORE SWINGING TO A NORTHERLY DIRECTION TONIGHT...THEN TO
AN EASTERLY DIRECTION THIS WEEKEND. THE WIND SPEEDS WILL ALSO BE
ON AN INCREASE TODAY INTO TONIGHT AND BECOME BREEZY THIS WEEKEND.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...SEAS COULD BUILD TO 7 FEET LATE TONIGHT
INTO SATURDAY MORNING BEFORE FALLING BELOW 7 FEET BY SATURDAY
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
JAN 30, 2015 AT 1200 UTC...
5 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
6 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF LAKE WORTH.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- This Afternoon NW wind 9 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Tonight NW wind 6 to 12 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Saturday NNE wind 10 to 12 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Saturday Night E wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Sunday SE wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Monday S wind 6 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 9 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Tuesday NE wind 6 to 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE