Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest
A series of storm systems will bring several rounds of rain to the Pacific Northwest and northern California over the next several days. Heavy rain, high winds and thunderstorms are expected, especially along the coast. Meanwhile, rain and gusty winds will taper off across New England as the coastal low that has been affecting that area moves offshore.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM ENE Cape Romano FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisNON-TROPICAL LOW PRESSURE OVER THE FAR SOUTHEASTERN
GULF OF MEXICO WILL MOVE EAST NORTHEAST ACROSS THE FLORIDA STRAITS
TODAY AND TONIGHT. THIS WILL LEAD TO INCREASING WINDS OVER THE
LOCAL WATERS DURING THIS TIME. THE LOW WILL EXIT THE AREA INTO THE
BAHAMAS LATE TONIGHT WITH DECREASING WINDS AND SEAS ON SATURDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD FROM THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO ON
SATURDAY TO THE WESTERN ATLANTIC BY EARLY NEXT WEEK.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS THIS MORNING
INCREASING TO 25 TO 30 KNOTS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT WITH
GUSTS TO NEAR GALE FORCE. SEAS UP TO 8 FEET TODAY BUILDING UP TO
10 FEET TONIGHT. SEAS SUBSIDING BELOW 6 FEET BY SATURDAY NIGHT.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
OCT 22, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
3 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
6 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
6 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
5 NAUTICAL MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 17 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Tonight NNE wind 13 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Saturday N wind 9 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Saturday Night NNE wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
- Sunday NNE wind 5 to 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Monday NE wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Monday Night E wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop becoming smooth.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less. Bay and inland waters a light chop.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE