Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM ENE Cape Romano FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE ATLANTIC WILL MOVE EAST WITH A
DISSIPATING FRONTAL BOUNDARY DRAPED ACROSS CENTRAL FLORIDA THROUGH
THURSDAY. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN PREVAIL ACROSS THE LOCAL
WATERS FOR THE END OF THE WEEK. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE
INTO CENTRAL FLORIDA ON SATURDAY AND MAY MAKE IT THROUGH THE AREA
BY LATE SUNDAY, BEFORE STALLING SUNDAY NIGHT.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
SEP 29, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
1 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
5 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
4 NAUTICAL MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
8 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Tonight W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SW after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Wednesday WSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Bay and inland waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Thursday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W around 6 kt in the afternoon. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Bay and inland waters smooth.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Bay and inland waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Bay and inland waters smooth.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE