Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Clewiston FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisLIGHT TO MODERATE SOUTHERLY WINDS WITH INCREASING
RAIN CHANCES WILL BE EXPECTED THROUGH WEDNESDAY AS A COLD FRONT
APPROACHES THE MARINE AREA. DRIER CONDITIONS WITH STRONG NORTH
WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS WILL BE EXPECTED WEDNESDAY THROUGH THE
HOLIDAY, WHICH WILL REQUIRE AN ADVISORY FOR THE THE GULF AND
ATLANTIC WATERS. WINDS AND SEAS WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE INTO THE
UPCOMING WEEKEND AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS EAST ACROSS THE REGION.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
NOV 21, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
2 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
6 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
10 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
7 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Today S wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Lake waters a light chop.
- Tonight SW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SSE after midnight. A slight chance of showers. Lake waters a light chop becoming smooth.
- Tuesday SSE wind 8 to 12 kt. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Lake waters a light chop.
- Tuesday Night SE wind around 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after 1am. Lake waters a light chop.
- Wednesday SSW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Partly cloudy. Lake waters a light chop.
- Thanksgiving Day N wind 12 to 14 kt. Sunny. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Thursday Night N wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Lake waters a light chop.
- Friday N wind 12 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Lake waters a moderate chop.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE