Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Clewiston FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE IN THE VICINITY WILL BRING GREATER
CHANCES FOR SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
DESPITE LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS AND HIGHER SEAS IN AND NEAR SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS...OVERALL EAST WINDS AT AROUND 10 KNOTS AND
SEAS AT 3 FEET OR LESS WILL PREVAIL.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
AUG 29, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
2 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF LAKE WORTH.
7 NAUTICAL MILES NORTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Tonight E wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Lake waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Wednesday Night E wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Lake waters a light chop becoming smooth.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ESE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ESE 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8am. Lake waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Friday Night E wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Lake waters smooth.
- Saturday E wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lake waters smooth.
- Saturday Night E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lake waters smooth.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE