Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BE LOCATED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA
TONIGHT THEN SHIFT SOUTHEAST INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK AS A COLD FRONT
MOVES INTO NORTH FLORIDA. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE LIKELY
ON WEDNESDAY AS THE FRONT CROSSES THROUGH THE AREA. HIGH PRESSURE
RETURNS FOR CHRISTMAS.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
DEC 19, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
6 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
17 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
19 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
9 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Lake waters smooth.
- Sunday SE wind 5 to 7 kt. Partly sunny. Lake waters smooth.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 5 to 7 kt. A slight chance of showers. Lake waters smooth.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Monday Night SE wind around 6 kt. A slight chance of showers before 1am. Lake waters smooth.
- Tuesday SE wind 6 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers. Lake waters a light chop.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lake waters a light chop.
- Wednesday SSE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lake waters a light chop.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 9 kt becoming NW after midnight. A slight chance of showers. Lake waters a light chop.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE