Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Clewiston FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- Synopsis.A COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS TODAY ALLOWING FOR
THE WINDS TO SWING FROM A WESTERLY DIRECTION THIS MORNING TO A
NORTHWEST DIRECTION BY TONIGHT AS WIND SPEEDS INCREASE TO 15 TO 20
KNOTS. ANOTHER STRONGER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA
ON SATURDAY INCREASING THE WIND SPEEDS TO AROUND 25 KNOTS. SMALL
CRAFT ADVISORIES WILL LIKELY BE NEEDED THIS WEEKEND...AND FOR
ATLANTIC WATERS...HAZARDOUS MARINE CONDITIONS MAY PREVAIL WELL
INTO NEXT WEEK.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...SEAS WILL BUILD TO 7 FEET ON SATURDAY
BEFORE CONTINUING TO INCREASE TO 10 FEET BY SATURDAY NIGHT.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
OCT 29, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
6 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
8 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
4 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF LAKE WORTH.
3 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Tonight WNW wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Lake waters a light chop.
- Saturday W wind 10 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Sunny. Lake waters a moderate chop becoming choppy.
- Saturday Night NW wind 14 to 16 kt. Clear. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Sunday NNW wind 12 to 14 kt. Sunny. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Sunday Night NNE wind 11 to 14 kt. Mostly clear. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Monday NNE wind around 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Lake waters a moderate chop.
- Monday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Lake waters a light chop.
- Tuesday NE wind 9 to 14 kt. Partly sunny. Lake waters a light chop becoming a moderate chop.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Lake waters a light chop.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE