Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Clewiston FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL STALL ACROSS THE STATE THROUGH
FRIDAY WITH LIGHT WINDS AND LOW SEAS CONTINUING. THE FIRST STRONG
COLD FRONT OF THE FALL SEASON IS FORECAST TO SWEEP ACROSS THE
LOCAL WATERS SATURDAY NIGHT WITH HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING FROM THE
NORTH IN ITS WAKE ON SUNDAY. SEAS WILL INCREASE BEHIND THE COLD
FRONT FROM THE NORTH, ESPECIALLY OFF THE PALM BEACH COAST.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
SEP 29, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
1 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
5 NAUTICAL MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
4 NAUTICAL MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
8 NAUTICAL MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- Today WSW wind around 6 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely after 2pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lake waters smooth becoming a light chop.
- Saturday Night NW wind 10 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Lake waters a light chop.
- Sunday N wind around 12 kt. A slight chance of showers. Lake waters a light chop.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE