Flash flooding possible across parts of Great Basin and southern Plains
A very wet pattern will persist across the Great Basin and into the southern Plains on Tuesday. Heavy rainfall is expected from southeastern Wyoming across Colorado, northeastern New Mexico into the Texas Panhandle and western Oklahoma. Isolated rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour will bring a risk of flash flooding to these areas
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM NE Clewiston FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3
OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE HIGHEST
10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES.
- SynopsisTHE ATLANTIC SURFACE RIDGE WILL LIE ACROSS THE FLORIDA
STRAITS THROUGH WEDNESDAY WITH A WEAKENING COLD FRONT MOVING INTO
NORTH FLORIDA. THIS WILL LEAD TO A PREVAILING WEST TO SOUTHWEST WIND
FLOW THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THE ATLANTIC SURFACE RIDGE WILL MOVE NORTH
LATE IN THE WEEK...REACHING CENTRAL FLORIDA BY THE UPCOMING
WEEKEND. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST THROUGH THE WEEK.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM AS OF
JUL 28, 2014 AT 1200 UTC...
4 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF FOWEY ROCKS.
19 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF PORT EVERGLADES.
7 NAUTICAL MILES NORTHEAST OF LAKE WORTH.
14 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF JUPITER INLET.
THIS DATA COURTESY OF THE NAVAL OCEANOGRAPHIC OFFICE.
- This Afternoon W wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lake waters a light chop.
- Tonight WSW wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Lake waters smooth.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8am. Lake waters smooth.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind around 6 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Lake waters smooth.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Lake waters smooth.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lake waters smooth.
- Friday Night SE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lake waters smooth.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ESE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lake waters smooth.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE