Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint64°F (18°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Sarasota-Bradenton Intl Airport (KSRQ)
Lat: 27.4 Lon: -82.55 Elev: 33ft.
3 Miles E Fruitville FL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 77. North northeast wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. North northeast wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. East wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. East wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83. East southeast wind 7 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 6 to 8 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. South southwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. North wind around 11 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 51.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 75.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of showers. Sunny, with a high near 77.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Inland Sarasota, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE