Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 10 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1021.6 mb)
- Dewpoint62°F (17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Heat Index82°F (28°C)
Current conditions at
Gilbert Field (KGIF)
Lat: 28.05 Lon: -81.75 Elev: 144ft.
2 Miles NNE Eagle Lake FL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Southeast wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 65. East southeast wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 83. South southeast wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming east southeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southeast wind around 7 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. South wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 83.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE