Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.23 in
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lakeland Regional (KLAL)
Lat: 28.04 Lon: -81.95 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. East northeast wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. East wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 83. Southeast wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Sunday Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. North wind around 8 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 50. North wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 76.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 77.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE