Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM S Ozello FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY ACROSS NORTHERN FLORIDA WILL
SLOWLY SETTLE ACROSS THE CENTRAL FLORIDA WATERS TODAY INTO
TONIGHT...THEN DISSIPATE ON WEDNESDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
THROUGH THE END OF THE WORK WEEK. OVERALL...WINDS/SEAS ARE
EXPECTED TO REMAIN AT OR BELOW 15 KNOTS/3 FEET THROUGH THE
FORECAST PERIOD. THE MAIN HAZARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE THUNDERSTORMS
WHICH WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING LOCALLY HIGHER WINDS AND SEAS.
- Today W wind around 6 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 11am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 11am and 2pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind around 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 6 to 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE