Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM S Ozello FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WITH SHOWERS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE
GULF WATERS LATER TONIGHT THEN THROUGH THE COASTAL WATERS ON
MONDAY. THIS WILL INCREASE WINDS AND SEAS LATE IN THE DAY MONDAY
AND MONDAY NIGHT. THE NEXT COLD FRONT AFTER THIS WILL BE TOWARD
THE END OF THE WEEK ON FRIDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 7 to 12 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 12 to 17 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 10 to 13 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind 8 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind around 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ENE wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 6 kt becoming E after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ESE wind around 7 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind 9 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 19 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE