Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM S Ozello FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisA STRONG REINFORCING COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH
THROUGH THE WATERS THIS MORNING FOLLOWED BY STRONG NORTHWESTERLY
WINDS WITH GUSTS TO GALE FORCE AT TIMES. A LARGE AREA OF HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BE NORTH OF THE WATERS THROUGH TUESDAY RESULTING IN
ENHANCED EASTERLY FLOW. THE HIGH WILL MOVE OUT INTO THE ATLANTIC
ON WEDNESDAY ALLOWING WINDS AND SEAS TO SUBSIDE.
- Today WNW wind 18 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 17 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday N wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNE wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ENE wind 8 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday E wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night E wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ENE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE