Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM S Ozello FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisTHE GRADIENT HAS WEAKENED OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS AS
THE WARM FRONT HAS MOVED NORTH OVER GEORGIA. THIS HAS ALLOWED FOR
THE WINDS AND SEAS ALONG THE COASTAL WATERS TO FALL BELOW SMALL
CRAFT ADVISORY LEVEL...AND ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN IN THE 10-15
KNOT RANGE ON MONDAY. WINDS AND SEAS WILL ONCE AGAIN PICK UP TO
ADVISORY LEVEL IN THE WAKE OF A COLD FRONT THAT WILL MOVE THROUGH
THE AREA ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY.
- Overnight S wind around 11 kt. A slight chance of showers before 1am. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Patchy fog before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming N 7 to 12 kt in the morning. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNE wind 12 to 14 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 8 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day N wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night N wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE