Severe weather possible from Upper Midwest across Ohio Valley and into central Appalachians, as well as for parts of Mid-Atlantic and Desert Southwest
Scattered severe thunderstorms are expected to develop Thursday afternoon and evening over parts of the Upper Midwest and Ohio Valley and into the central Appalachians, as well as across parts of the Mid-Atlantic and the Desert Southwest. Damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats for all three areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM S Ozello FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MARINERS...MARINE FORECASTS ARE ISSUED AT LEAST
FOUR TIMES A DAY. BOATERS ON EXTENDED TRIPS SHOULD ROUTINELY MONITOR
SUBSEQUENT FORECAST ISSUANCES AND UPDATES FOR THE LATEST MARINE
THE WAVE HEIGHTS ARE FORECAST AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST ONE-THIRD OF THE WAVES.
THE HIGHEST WAVES MAY RARELY BE TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
THE WINDS AND SEAS NEAR THUNDERSTORMS MAY BE HIGHER THAN FORECAST.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE CENTERED OVER THE CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO
WILL KEEP WINDS OUT OF A NORTHWEST THROUGH NORTHEAST DIRECTION BELOW
15 KNOTS AND SEAS LESS THAN 2 FEET THROUGH THE WEEK AND INTO THE
WEEKEND. THUNDERSTORM CHANCES WILL ALSO REMAIN MINIMAL FOR THE
NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WITH LITTLE MORE THAN ISOLATED SHOWERS AND A
FEW THUNDERSTORMS. SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL INCREASE ON SUNDAY AND
INTO THE BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK AS A WEAK COLD FRONT MOVES OVER
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Isolated showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 5 to 8 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NE wind around 6 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 7 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 10 to 12 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE