Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM NNE Titusville FL
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisTHE AXIS OF ATLANTIC HIGH PRESSURE RIDGE WILL SHIFT
NORTH OF THE WATERS TODAY AND REMAIN THERE THROUGH MUCH OF THE
WORK WEEK. THIS WILL RESULT IN A LIGHT TO GENTLE SOUTHEAST TO EAST
BREEZE WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND STORMS.
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM BASED
ON THE REAL TIME OCEAN FORECAST SYSTEM FROM SUNDAY AUGUST 31ST.
40 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF PONCE INLET.
30 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF PORT CANAVERAL.
26 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF SEBASTIAN INLET.
16 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF FORT PIERCE INLET.
10 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF SAINT LUCIE INLET.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 11am, then isolated showers and thunderstorms between 11am and 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Isolated showers before 11am, then isolated showers and thunderstorms between 11am and 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE