Variety of Weather Hazards Forecast Across Central, Eastern U.S.
An active weather pattern will dominate the central and eastern U.S. Friday and into the weekend. Rain is forecast on Friday from the southern Plains across the mid-Miss. & Ohio Valleys and into southern New England, with freezing rain for parts of the central Plains and snow in the Rockies and Great Lakes. Severe thunderstorms are possible for parts of the southern Plains and lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 10 mph
- Barometer29.79 in (1008.9 mb)
- Dewpoint69°F (21°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
Current conditions at
Houston Intercontinental Airport (KIAH)
Lat: 29.97 Lon: -95.35 Elev: 95ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 69. Southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2pm. Some of the storms could be severe. Cloudy, with a high near 77. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 20 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Christmas Day A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Harris County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE