Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.6 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Alexandria International Airport (KAEX)
Lat: 31.33 Lon: -92.55 Elev: 89ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 52. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. North wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rapides Parish, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE