Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer30.45 in (1031.7 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Carlsbad/Cavern Cty (KCNM)
Lat: 32.34 Lon: -104.27 Elev: 3232ft.
7 Miles SW Whites City NM
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 58. Windy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eddy County Plains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE