Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer29.90 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Las Cruces Intl Airport (KLRU)
Lat: 32.3 Lon: -106.77 Elev: 4570ft.
3 Miles W White Sands NM
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West southwest wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night A 10 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Light and variable wind becoming south around 6 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Light east southeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the evening.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Southeast wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Windy, with a west wind 18 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light north northwest after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Tularosa Basin, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE