Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 25 G 31 mph
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Auburn-Opelika Airport (KAUO)
Lat: 32.62°N Lon: 85.44°W Elev: 774ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 33. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 57. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 68. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Increasing clouds, with a low around 45.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 65.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 52.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Macon County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE