Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 8 mph
- Barometer29.96 in (1014.1 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Carlsbad/Cavern Cty (KCNM)
Lat: 32.34 Lon: -104.27 Elev: 3232ft.
3 Miles NNW Carlsbad North NM
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am. Sunny, with a high near 62. Windy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 49. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 52. South wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eddy County Plains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE