Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM SSE San Diego CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 2 AM... A 997 MB LOW WAS NEAR BISHOP WITH A SURFACE COLD FRONT
EXTENDING SOUTHWEST TOWARDS SAN CLEMENTE ISLAND. A COLD FRONT
WILL BRING STRONG WEST-NORTHWEST WINDS...SHOWERS...AND A STEEP
NORTHWEST SWELL TODAY...WHICH WILL PRODUCE CONDITIONS HAZARDOUS
TO SMALL CRAFT THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY FOR WINDS IS IN EFFECT FOR THAT PERIOD. WINDS AND SEAS
WILL LOWER FOR SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
- Overnight SW wind around 10 kt. Showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming WNW in the morning. Showers likely, mainly before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE