Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 20 mph
- Barometer30.22 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill3°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Artesia Municipal Airport (KATS)
Lat: 32.85 Lon: -104.47 Elev: 3540ft.
Artesia Municipal Airport NM
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of freezing drizzle. Partly sunny, with a high near 26. Southeast wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest 15 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind around 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eddy County Plains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE